For the rest of May, June, July and August 2020, SABA members buy lunch for another SABA members crew! IN TURN that member company agrees to buy lunch for another SABA member's crew and so on!
It is our SABA way of saying THANKS to the crews that keep building Perth, Oxford and Huron and at the same time, support local restaurants devastated by COVID-19. Each time a lunch is donated to another member, a chain link is built to the pay it forward. We will post the companies that participate as they link. If you cannot participate now, that's cool, maybe next month or the month after. There is no rush and as we celebrate getting back to work during COVID-19, we look forward to all getting back together again to celebrate what being a member of SABA is all about!
5 simple steps to build the chain link:
1. Identify the SABA member crew that you would like to buy boxed lunched for;
2. Contact the SABA member company representative you want to give lunch to and ensure that if you do this, they will in turn do the same for another SABA member company they work with - since you cannot shake hands...trust will just have to do!
3. Contact a local take out restaurant that supports the local economy where you are working to ensure they can accommodate the request, pick a day that works and line it up.
4. Contact Melissa Schenk or Derek Smith and let us know the date and we will blast it all over social media along with graphics of the challenge we are currently developing and will use your logo all over it.
5. On the day that the delivery happens, snap a few pictures from an appropriate physical distance of the crew getting their lunch, and send them to Melissa or Derek so we can post them all over media.
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL THE PICTURES ARE FUN! THERE WILL BE A CONTEST (judged by highly trained professionals) FOR BEST PICTURES!
To see the chain link as it builds, click below, and watch as it grows!
SABA has assembled links for our members to valuable resources that will assist your business decisions in the coming weeks as we move through the social distancing and business interruption period.
SABA connects and represents the business and best practice interests of over 110 firms operating in the residential and light commercial construction industry. SABA services the greater Stratford Area and Perth County. SABA members prescribe to a code of ethics and are involved in the association in varying capacities.
While SABA represents over 110 firms, we draw additional strength on provincial and federal housing and construction matters of interest to the public from representation at the provincial and federal level. We are integrated seamlessly with Ontario Home Builders Association, and the Canadian Home Builders Association.
Established in 1987. a group of builders and allied professionals came together to form the association. Over the last 30 plus years the association has grown to include many firms associated with building the community of Stratford and Perth County. To view the story of the founding and formative days of the association and the record from the Beacon Herald, click below.
Heather Galloway is the proud owner of Simply Divine Designs in Stratford. Heather provides design services to many SABA members and will assume Board President in November 2020
John Meinen has been building homes for 30 years. John has served the OHBA as President and has been Board President of SABA four times. John will serve as CHBA chair for 2020-2021
SABA is well served by a Board of Directors of 13. Elected at the annual general meeting each October, or November they serve a 1 year term. The Directors of SABA are as follows:
Interim President Heather Galloway
Past President John Meinen
Director Larry Otten
Director Matt Feeney
Director Robyn Gueguen
Director Melissa Schenk
Director Courtney Teahen
Director Jake VanKooten
Director Cory Williamson
Director Gary Lingard
Director Caroline Baker
Director Colleen Brown
Director At Large Jack West
Ex Officio Derek Smith, Executive Officer
Don McNeil, Accounting and Finance
Copyright © 2020 Sabaconnect - All Rights Reserved.